£18.92 per hour
Night & Day
Registered Day & Night Nurse– Parkville Care Centre (TS1), The Prestige Group
Why work for The Prestige Group
· You will receive full training and an opportunity to develop your career
· DBS paid for, so no expense to you
.A welcome bonus after probation of £150 and then £150 at 12 months (Not for agency)
· NMC revalidation costs reimbursed
· 28 days holiday (incl. bank holiday)
.Paid bank holidays at time & half (when worked)
· Pension Contribution
· Free on-site parking & uniform
.Paid Training per year (Subject to Contract)
.Group Employee of the Month (Subject to Contract)
.Attendance Bonus (Subject to Contract)
From humble beginnings in 1982, The Prestige Group is fast emerging as one of the North East’s more successful companies with nearly 500 employees now thriving across its various divisions and investments. It has been successfully operating care homes within its Tees Valley base and beyond for over 20 years – designing, building, and creating the highest quality environments from which its team can deliver the very best care possible, specialising in dementia care.
We have 5 care homes currently covering all corners of the North East of England, including Middlesbrough, Redcar, Darlington and Stockton-on-Tees, with planning permission and new sites secured to take the total beds to over 600 within the next 2 years. This is only the start of our journey.
With a new direction and change in management, we’re looking for candidates to join our fiercely dedicated team, offering successful candidates the opportunity to take a step up in their career and to simply put a smile back into their working week.
The position offers the successful candidate a fantastic opportunity to join the team at our purpose-built care centre located in the heart of Middlesbrough, with easy access to the town centre shopping and leisure facilities. The care centre has undergone a series of refurbishments including a complete redesign of its nursing dementia unit, which features state-of-the-art technologies to assist our team in delivering exceptional and person-centred care to its residents.
Who we’re looking for?
As part of our thorough recruitment policy, we recruit people who care about people, with a natural ability to treat others with dignity and respect every step of the way. Our perfect candidate will have passion and empathy, with an endless capacity and will to learn, listen and truly get to know our residents on a personal level. And as serious as our jobs are to the people who deserve it, we also like to hire people who can do it with a smile on their face and understand the importance of team spirit.
We are looking for people who:
· RGN or RMN with Valid NMC PIN – Working a Dementia Nursing Unit
· Work well and “get stuck in” with the team
· Excellent communication skills
· Demonstrate determination and resilience
· A positive “can do” attitude
· Flexible to cover shifts when required – Our homes operate 7 days per week, 365 days per year
· Can build good, credible relationships with staff, residents, and their families
· Understanding of confidentiality
The Prestige Group is looking for a highly motivated nurse registered with the NMC to join our team. As a Registered Nurse at Parkville Care Centre, you will deliver high quality holistic care to people with a varied range of physical and mental health needs. Within this role, effective leadership of the team and supervision is required, along with clear documentation to promote and deliver person centered care.
· To support the Manager in all aspects of the Homes management, including taking temporary charge during the absence of the Manager
· To act as a nurse in charge, ensuring high standards of nursing care to residents
· Be responsible for high standards of nursing care by undertaking accurate assessments and planning of care, delivery, and ongoing evaluation of care plans, together with appropriate handover and to ensure all residents needs are continuously met.
· To be responsible for the effective deployment and supervision of staff within the care team, ensuring all tasks are completed during the period of duty and residents receive the required care.
· To undertake nursing tasks, including distribution of medication, dressings, catheterisation, tube feeding and management of chronic medical conditions.
· To provide staff support, demonstration, and instruction of care activities, particularly in relation to the induction and mentoring of new staff, ensuring all tasks are completed to the desired standard.
· To liaise with health and social care professionals.
· To advise GPs and families of residents where there is a change of condition, which gives rise for concern and keep them informed and involved in choices for ongoing care.
· To practice safe systems of work across the range of tasks and in particular moving and handling of residents, by assessing risk and having due regard for personal safety and the safety of residents, visitors, and staff.
· To understand personal responsibilities in relation to the Health and Safety at Work Act, The Fire Safety and evacuation procedures and Food Hygiene. Demonstrate a working knowledge of COSHH assessments applicable in own work area.
· To act courteously towards residents and their visitors, respecting the dignity and individuality of each resident
· To ensure that all matters relating to employees i.e., company finance, company paperwork, personal matters etc. are kept strictly confidential at all times.
· To monitor all residents’ nutritional and dietary requirements.
· To be responsible for the receipt, handling, storing, issue, administration and disposal of all drugs and medicines in line with documented procedures, and to maintain all records.
· To receive, log and monitor all monies received from residents, relatives, and staff.
· Act always in line with NMC Code of Professional Conduct
· Undertake other duties, as and when required to do so within the scope of your experience, training and ability.