Peripatetic Home Manager, The Prestige Care Group
Location – Homes within the Group
Salary – Competitive Salary along with Bonus Scheme (Lead by Performance, Meeting KPI’s and Compliance)
Why work for The Prestige Group
· You will receive full training and an opportunity to develop your career
· DBS paid by the company
· NMC revalidation costs reimbursed
· 22 days holiday increasing by 1 per year until gets to 25 (plus 8 bank holiday)
· Pension Contribution
· Free on-site parking
.Comprehensive induction and ongoing training to develop your Career.
. Bonus Scheme
.Other management incentives
From humble beginnings in 1982, The Prestige Group is fast emerging as one of the North East’s more successful companies with nearly 500 employees now thriving across its various divisions and investments. It has been successfully operating care homes within its Tees Valley base and beyond for over 20 years – designing, building and creating the highest quality environments from which its team can deliver the very best care possible, specializing in dementia care.
We have 6 care homes currently covering all corners of the North East of England, including Middlesbrough, Redcar, Darlington , Stockton-on-Tees and Hartlepool with planning permission and new sites secured to take the total beds to over 650 within the next 2 years. This is only the start of our journey.
With a new direction and change in management, we’re looking for a strong candidate to join our fiercely dedicated team, offering the successful candidate the opportunity to take a step up in their career and to simply put a smile back into their working week. We are looking for tenacious and ambitious candidates to develop into our future managers.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Peripatetic registered Home Manager. You will be a strong, motivated, and committed individual who will manage and lead in the management supporting our care homes, within this role you may require at times to register with CQC to be the registered manager. Our Services within the group all offer Nursing, Residential, Dementia and Respite care.
You will have excellent knowledge and a proven track record of health and safety legislation, along with knowledge and experience of safeguarding of vulnerable adults. You will be a well organized and energetic person with excellent leadership and mentoring skills, great understanding of KPI’s and meeting budgets and targets to ensure deliver a high standard of Well led care and support towards our residents and ensure that business of the service is effective. A Nursing qualification is not required but will look at Managers with an NMC pin. Experience in Dementia care is essential to deliver person centered and individualized.
Prestige Care Group care homes is desirably located in within areas of Middlesbrough, Redcar, Stockton, Darlington & Hartlepool – Following a some refurbishment, the modern care centre proudly encompasses En-suite rooms and spacious social spaces including ample
Who we’re looking for?
As part of our thorough recruitment policy, we recruit people who care about people, with a natural ability to treat others with dignity and respect every step of the way. Our perfect candidate will have passion and empathy, with an endless capacity and will to learn, listen and truly get to know our residents on a personal level. And as serious as our jobs are to the people who deserve it, we also like to hire people who can do it with a smile on their face and understand the importance of team spirit.
Key Responsibilities of Peripatetic Home Manager
- Overall day to day running of the care home / Stepping into a home to support where a manager is needed or to support with general cover
- Supporting the Operations teams to support with Quality Improvements
- Ensuring the highest standard of care
- Staff appraisals, meetings and disciplinaries
- Understanding of Business Management able to work with Budgets and KPI’s
- Liaise with outside Healthcare professionals in regards to care
- Exceptional knowledge of CQC regulations and requirements
- To ensure CQC and company policies are followed and adhered to
- Promote a caring environment for residents through high standards of professional practice
- Create and uphold an open, positive, and inclusive management culture
- Develop and communicate strategic plans for Roseville Care Centre
- Oversee the implementation of home’s policies and procedures
Peripatetic Home Manager Requirements:
- Peripatetic Home Manager with NMC pin not essential for the role.
- Minimum of a Level 5 NVQ Leadership and Management or willing to work towards
- Previous Care Home Manager experience
- Experience working in the health care sector
- Driven, motivated and believe in the quality of Care
- You possess strong leadership and management qualities whilst taking on a dynamic and flexible approach to the role.
- Organized and able to manage others
- Excellent communicator
Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
· To provide leadership to the administration, care and nursing, catering, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance, and people management functions of the home.
· To carry out, and provide leadership in marketing the service, and selling its services at the agreed prices.
· To maintain the operations of the home at the standard agreed with the Registered. Provider, within the financial budget or other parameters set by the Provider.
· Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of those individuals they support.
· Recruitment of staff.
· Induct new starters in accordance with the home policy.
· Lead, motivate and direct staff.
· Conduct staff supervision and annual staff appraisals for all Leads of department.
· Develop staff to full potential ensuring succession planning for Yew Tree Home.
· Ensure multidisciplinary team working is embedded in the service.
· Seek opportunities for personal and professional growth.
· Take responsibility for your own professional development through performance and development reviews and undertake any relevant training.
Fluent in English, numerical skills, teamwork and problem-solving skills.
An excellent communicator with strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate others.
Confidence in handling challenging and diverse situations and individuals.
Budgetary skills – Ability to measure weekly expenditure to ensure budget is maintained, ensure all equipment is purchased within budgetary constraints and understand how to read and produce the providers budget plans.
Experience and qualifications
Previous management experience within a similar size care/nursing home group, ideally looking for a nurse manager with NMC pin but not essential.
A proven track record in delivering regulatory compliance.
Diploma in Health and Social Care (Level 4/ RMA) minimum, preferably holding a level 5 or be willing to working Level 5.
Diploma in Leadership and Management for Health and Social Care.
The successful candidate will benefit from a highly competitive package (based on qualifications and work experience) + benefits
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or disability status.
If you are looking for an exciting new challenge, we would like to hear from you.